January 13, 2019 Announcements
Good evening everyone & welcome to Winter Concert Week!
I know you are as excited as I am to have worked so hard this semester learning challenging and beautiful music with the help of Allan, Deb, Professor Hammonds, our section leaders, our social chairs, and our own attention in and out of rehearsals! Thank you my sisters for all you have done this fall/winter to bring us to this week. I look forward to presenting our music and musicianship in the form of a beautiful and meaningful performance next Sunday. I thank you all for your dedication to Women’s Voices Chorus. YOU are the lifeblood, the spirit, and the energy that will bring LIGHT and LOVE to our community!
- Rehearsals this week
- Monday evening, January 14th rehearsal is from 7:00-10:00 pm at our performance venue, First Presbyterian Church, 305 E. Main St., Durham. Doors will open at 6:30. Be sure to give yourselves plenty of time to arrive, park and get settled in so we can start on time. See the attachment for information about parking including a map and details. As always, text Amie T if you arrive late.
- Thursday evening, January 17th is our second technical rehearsal at the same venue, with the NCCU jazz ensemble and instrumentalists. Same drill as above — doors open at 6:30 and we rehearse from 7:00-10:00 pm.
- Attendance is required at both Technical Rehearsals.
- Ticket envelopes need to be turned in on Monday night whether or not tickets have been sold. Do NOT turn them in on Sunday to the Box Office!
- Many thanks to Allison Mangin (S2) our Ticket Manager for all her work on tickets for this concert!
- Getting the Word Out
- Have you checked out the recent posts on our WVC Facebook page? Many thanks to our own fabulous Lauren Straley (S1) for creating and posting as part of our Digital Technology committee led by the irrepressible Tatjana Zimbelius (A1). Thanks also to Jen Weld (A1) for volunteering.
- Listening Party
- Listening party this year will be on Monday, January 21st, at The Hill House, 900 S. Duke Street, Durham starting at 6:30pm.
- Thank you to those who have already signed up; please use this link to sign up to bring something yummy to share with your sisters (and brother) using this sign-up genius link. You don’t need an account! Thank you!
I look forward to seeing you all on Monday evening.