January 6, 2019 Announcements
I hope you’ve all had a restorative, wonderful holiday season and Happy New Hello everyone! I hope you’ve all had a restorative, wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year 2019. Please take a moment to carefully read these important announcements as we approach concert time!
- Tomorrow evening, rehearsal is from 7:30 – 9:30 for the full chorus, and 9:30-10:00 for Chamber Chorus. Doors will open at 7:10. Please text Amy T at 919.451.5895 if you arrive after doorkeepers have joined the rehearsal.
- Our next two rehearsals after tomorrow night are Jan 14th & Jan 17th, 7:00-10:00 pm. Attendance is required at these Technical Rehearsals; they will be held at our performance venue, First Presbyterian Church, 305 E. Main St., Durham. Be sure to give yourselves plenty of time to arrive, park and get settled in so we can start on time, and if you arrive late, please text Amie T.
- Volunteers needed:
- We need a doorkeeper for technical rehearsals, starting at 6:30 each evening.
- We need some “heavy lifters” to help move risers at 6:45 for each technical rehearsal.
- Contact Catherine Garland email@example.com if you are willing to help out with either task! And thank you!
Dues: Karla will be collecting the third and final dues payment of $50 at Monday’s rehearsal, January 7. You may pay by cash, check, or credit card in person or by credit card on line at https://squareup.com/store/womens-voices-chorus/item/season-dues (a $2 charge is added for credit card payments to cover our fees.) Note that in order to sing in the January concert, your dues must be paid in full. As always, if you have questions about your balance or would like to make alternate payment arrangements, contact Treasurer Karla Byrnes (firstname.lastname@example.org). Additional donations above your balance are welcome.
- Scarves: Pauline will have scarves for borrowing or buying on Monday, Jan. 7 and 14. Make sure you have the correct color scarf (winter or all-season). Review concert dress requirements if you need to.
- Folders: Sue Regier will have black concert folders for borrowing if you need one this Monday so you can get your music in concert order. As we did last year, you will be loaned a folder for the season, to be returned after our final performance.
- Tickets: I hope your ticket sales are coming along well! All tickets and proceeds will be due to be returned at our first Technical Rehearsal on January 14th. Allison Mangin (S2) can answer any questions you may have.
- There will be *no child care* at this concert.
- Calling all helpers! Please contact our Logistics chair, Catherine Garland if you or someone you know could help out at the concert. We need ushers, help with setup, cleanup, and more. Many hands make light work! Thank you!
- As is tradition, we will hold our listening party and dinner the evening after our performance, in place of rehearsal, on Monday, January 21st
- Listening party this year will be at The Hill House, 900 S. Duke Street, Durham starting at 6:30 pm.
- Please sign up to bring something yummy to share with your sisters (and brother) using this sign-up genius link. Any questions, please contact Membership chair, Leah Vallario, email@example.com. Thank you!