November 25, 2018 Announcements
Hello to all!
I hope you’ve all had a joyous and relaxing Thanksgiving. I am so very thankful for you, for making Women’s Voices Chorus the amazing organizing it is with your spirits and your voices! I’ve been missing you all so I’m happy to say I’ll be back tomorrow night, though I may be sitting in the sick bay since my voice is not quite back as I recover from a bad cold.
Meanwhile, here are this week’s announcements:
- If you plan to do some holiday shopping with Amazon.com please be sure to use our WVC “smile” account – every penny counts and we do collect a small % on every purchase made using this link: amazon.com/ch/56-1938811 Thanks!
- Tickets for our winter concert were distributed at rehearsal by Membership Liaisons last Monday night. Allison Mangin (S2) is our Ticket Manager and can answer your questions. Each member receives 5 tickets to sell; you may request more tickets at any rehearsal and you will receive 1 comp ticket for each 5 you sell. Once you’ve sold your tickets, mark the envelope (number of tickets sold, adult or student, $$ enclosed) and return it, with unsold tickets, to your Membership Liaison on Dec. 17 (last rehearsal before holiday) or Jan. 14 (Tech rehearsal). Please return all envelopes.
- Please think about asking businesses you patronize to consider purchasing ads for our winter and or spring programs. It’s a wonderful way to say “thank you” to your favorite neighborhood business!
- Congratulations to Sydney Atkinson (S2) for being our tiara recipient this week. Thanks to Sydney, we had a great tee-shirt and sweatshirt sale this fall. Sydney took all the orders and payments, placed the orders with the vendor, worked with the vendor on color adjustments, and delivered all the goods to us – all with a smile on her face. Thank you Sydney for a successful tee-shirt drive and for helping to add $250 to the WVC In-reach Fund!
- As always, doors will open at 7:10 tomorrow night. This is a change, just for tomorrow evening: If you arrive after the doorkeepers have joined the rehearsal, please text Amy G. at 919.491.0880.